1) Explain Digital Marketing?
The Digital marketing is used for interactive marketing or promoting the product and services using digital technologies. Digital marketing is a technique to use the digital channels to promote the services to consumers and businessman.
2) How would you categorize the digital marketing?
Digital marketing can be categorized into two segments:
Inbound Marketing: In Inbound technique, we take the help of social media, digital content in e-books, webinars or e-newsletter to increase the number of clicks on links and learn more about a company and its services.
Outbound Marketing: The Outbound marketing segment includes placing ads, cold-calls, e-mails or reach out potential customers through digital mediums.
3) What are the activities used to promote Digital marketing?
The digital Marketing activities are
- Search Engine Optimization(SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing(SEM)
- Content Marketing
- Content Automation
- Campaign Marketing
- E-commerce Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
4) What is keyword in digital marketing? What is its importance for SEO?
In digital marketing, keyword is a word that a user enters into search engine to find specific information. Keywords are very important for SEO and better page ranking. Where and how you place the keywords is directly reflected on your page ranking.
5) Name some digital marketing channels?
Digital marketing is facilitated by multiple channels. There are some multiple online marketing channels:
- Affiliated Marketing
- Display Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Search Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Social Media
- Social Networking
- Online PR
- Video Advertising
6) What are Search Engines?
Search engines plays a very vital role to find out the specific and relevant information through World Wide Web. Some major search engines are:
- Bing etc.
7) What do you know about PPC?
PPC stands for Pay Per Click. It is an advertizing technique used to direct traffic to websites. It is also known as Cost Per Click. In this technique, advertisers pay to the website owner when the ad is clicked. In other words, it is the amount spent to get an advertisement clicked.
8) What are the primary models for determining Pay Per Click?
Following are two primary models for determining Pay-Per-Click:
Flat rate PPC : In flat rate PPC, both publisher and advertiser agree to a fixed amount that will be paid for each click. In most time, the publisher has a rate card for PPC plan based on different areas of their website or network. The amount varies as per the content that generally attracts more or less people.Bid based PPC : In bid based PPC, the advertiser goes for bid in a private auction hosted by a publisher. The advertiser informs publisher for the maximum amount of bid he is willing to pay.
9) What qualities an effective PPC should contain?
An effective PPC keyword should be:
- Relevant: List out the targeted keywords.
- Exhaustive: Apart from most popular keywords it should include the “long tail of search”.
- Expansive: PPC is iterative, therefore the keyword list should be constantly growing and adapting.
10) What is Google Adwords?
Google Adwords is the most popular PPC advertising system in the world. It follows Pay Per Click model. The AdWords platform facilitates website owners to create ads that appear on Google search engine and their other properties.
11) How would you optimize the conversion rates per PPC?
Conversion rate is way to make more visitors to your site. You have to focus on the following things to increase the conversion rate:
- Write content which is very relevant to the keyword or search query.
- Maintain a high degree of relevance between your ads and corresponding landing pages.
- The webpage should easy registering process, signing up for a newsletter or making a purchase.
- Check design of your landing page which should have right combination of color, layout and GUI to attract more customers.
12) Where should you use your keywords to optimize your site ranking?
It is very important to place your keywords on appropriate area for better page ranking. These areas are:
- Keyword in Website URL
- Keyword in Website Title
- Keyword in Meta tag
- Keyword in Web page content
- Keyword density in body text
- Keywords in Headlines
13) Which are the most useful online marketing tools?
The most useful online marketing tools are:
- Google Analytics
- Digital point keyword tracker
- Crazy egg heat maps
- Keyword discovery
- XML Sitemap Generator
- Favicon generator
- SubmitExpress Link Popularity
14) What do you mean by on-page and off-page optimization?
On-page optimization: on-page optimization is used to deal directly with the content and the structure of the website.
Off-page optimization: Off-page optimization is a technique which is used to boost your search ranking by getting external links pointing back to it.
15) How would you avoid the penalty in digital marketing?
Follow the below points to avoid the penalty:
- Do not link to any other site with bad page rank.
- Avoid Poison words. For example word “link”, when you hypertext this text to give the link to your site it becomes poison words.
- Avoid stealing text or images from other domains.
- Avoid re-directing users to another page through refresh meta-tags – don’t immediately send user or visitors to another page even before he or she clicked on the web page link.
16) Specifies the characteristics of bad links.
The main characteristics of bad links are:
- Links from sites that are unrelated to your sites.
- Links from low Page Rank and Low traffic.
- Links from link exchanges.
- Links from those sites that are not in Google index.
- Paid links.
- Link from the same anchor texts coming from multiple sites.
- Spammy links from blogs or articles.
17) What is the difference between direct marketing and branding?
Difference between Direct marketing and Branding:
Direct Marketing Campaign: In direct marketing campaign, the advertiser is interested to target the audience who are most relevant to the business. The most common campaigns are Search Networks Only, Shopping Campaigns, and Dynamic Search Ads etc.
Branding Campaign: In branding campaign, an advertiser exposes his brand on major sites and applications. The most popular methods are Display Ads, Remarketing, Youtube Ads and custom Ads.
18) Why is online marketing preferred over offline marketing?
Now a day, it is an era of digital marketing. The online cost for marketing is SEO, Hosting, and Web Development. The number of prospects is extraordinary. One can reach many individuals online and you can set your target as worldwide. Whereas the number of people who prefer reading newspapers, watching television, etc. Therefore, the target is within a specific area.
The customer’s reachability of online marketing is more than offline marketing.